Allah.. Allah

Will you support for the "World Smiling Day"

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Approaching ANGKOR







Riding bicycle to ANGKOR why not ?

Sounds it's challenging to ride bicycle to approach Angkor Wat.. Many active tourists take bike and pedalling to see the temples around Angkor. The rental bike can easily find around the old market for 1USD a day.


The temperature in Cambodia is heating enough at this moment. The sun brightly heat this land. At 10.30 am I'm get ready to pedal my bike to reach ANGKOR. With the map and starting point from old market i start my journey. The passed road to go to Angkor is very nice, as they have many old and big trees beside the road.


The trees can shade you from the heat. Beside it's adequately windy.The distance from the old market is about 5km. Slowly I'm pedalling my bike and at the same times hearing my musics... wow.. what a lovely day..


It's still new year celebration here, so many local Khmer people visiting the Temples for relaxing and picnics. Hammocs are favorite use here.. Along the streets, we can see the people hang on the hammocs between the trees and rocking for relaxing. Some streets vendors also easily found around the streets.

The Angkor Wat located just opposite the lake, It's a big lake that makes the Angkor become more beautiful to see. For the tourists who want to visit some temples here, need to pay 20USD for a day pass or 40USD for 2-3days pass.

After reaching the Angkor Wat, as usual program taking some shoot of photos, observing the streets vendors around and drinking drinking a lot. The heat make me thirsty so much, my lips getting dry.. I have drunk my 1liter water bottle up to now, but still never enough. i need 1 liter more cold sugar cane water.. hmm... wow.. that's so good, coold water.. the only I need now.. hehehe..

Resting a while at the lake opposite the Angkor Wat, then I am heading home.. turn on my musics and start pedalling my bike.. It's just a short visit as the weather is too hot for me. I think best time to see Angkor Wat at early morning or at sunset time.. that will be more interesting for me.. Around 1.30pm.. I'm at guest house already... felt a bit tired.. but satisfied....

Bye for now Angkor.. tomorrow I will go to Thailand's border Poi Vet... then take train to Bangkok.. again and again to continue my 10USD journeys. See you in Thailand blogs in the future.. Thanks..

No comments:

Post a Comment