Allah.. Allah

Will you support for the "World Smiling Day"

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bangladeshi Food and Friends






Friendly Bangladeshi buddy..

Meet the Bangla buddy at the round about in Penang Road. While I'm using my free wifi, both friendly Bangla start the conversation by saying "nice laptop", "is that expensive" :) then the talk continue with introduction each others.

They look smart Bangla, both are working in construction fields. They journey together from Jessore one of the city in Bangladesh that close to the border of Calcutta to Malaysia. They stayed about 2years already here. They speak quiet fluently Malay language. So, mostly we communicate with Malay and little English.

We talked about the bustling metropolis of Dhaka, how cheap is the cost of living and what to see there. We also talk over about their home town and what things make they come to Penang.

They said Bangladesh a kind of poor country that hard to find good jobs. Salary is too low there. Here they can easily earn for 50RM a day. They sounds of responsible and matured thinking, eventough they are young 23 years old. They get used to send back their income to help their family in Bangladesh. Wow another "foreign currency heroes" from Bangladesh.

Continue our talking about Bangladesh from the food until the Noble winner "Muhammad Yunus". Seems He is very famous, so both of these Bangladesh froudly talking about this micro finance idols.

Regarding the food, while I'm asking about the unique of Bangladesh cuisine, then They invite me for lunch at Bangladesh restorant, around "Gama plaza" just close to Komtar. I said, why NOT, seems I'm also a bit hungry and curious about how is it taste.

So, we eat at "Bangla Restorant", I have my curry fish, rice and two type of vegetables. The owner is a Bangla who married with a malay girl. Still not get used yet with this Bangla cuisine, but it's almost the same with Indian food. The curry, just more spicy compare to little bit sweet of Indian's curry.

The price is reasonable, the taste is fine to me. Raju Ahmad paid the bill, I try to reject by saying Western eating way by paying our own food.. hehehe.. But he refused and settled the bill. Hmm... very seldom to find this type of foreigners here. Looks like Bangladesh are friendly enough. I'll try to explore more about this Bangladesh country in the future.

My plan to go to India this year, hopefully can go accross over to see Bangladesh also.. yeah. We will see if this year I have the opportunity to visit India and Bangladesh.. Insya Allah..

No comments:

Post a Comment