Allah.. Allah

Will you support for the "World Smiling Day"

Friday, September 2, 2011

A written Q's for Work











It's took me one hour to provide the answer for some Q's below, and I am not really sure how to give good answer for the following Q's. I do my best to answer just what's is it coming in my mind and answer straightly.

I believe no right and wrong answers as it's base on my experiences and the current knowledge I gained. It's just the way for recruiters to shortlist the candidate. I'm ready with my sincere answer, and the consequency if the organization interested or not interested at all.. the point is I did tried my best to get hired.

Here are the Q&A:

Tell us a little about yourself.

I am a hard working, fast learner, able to adapt with the current situation change, result oriented and team players. I have good experience in administration, procurement, accounting, budgeting and finance. My knowledge and experiences highly support me in making decision on problem solving.

How did you come to be interested in international development? What do you find most invigorating and most challenging about it?

I worked with international development organization more than 7 years, during my work I have found that it’s challenging to implement our programs and to achieved the goals. I am happy to see that the programs we designed successfully implemented that means more positive impact for the beneficiaries. The challenges working with international development are to help more, educate more the society and to build the self reliance for the needy.

What are, in your opinion, the most important skills a Microfinance Manager should have?

Having good knowledge on business proposal analysis, the nature of the loan, debtors’ behavior and the control of the repayment schedule and ability to take fast decision on the right information provided.

What would you describe as your biggest career success to date?

It’s a team work success and as my field of work in finance and grants, my achievement related with the proper grants that I managed, implemented, monitoring and closing them, and also related the total budget and amount that we spent for our grants and projects.

What would you describe as your biggest career frustration or failure, to date?

My current job in Afghanistan that I have found a little bit frustration. It’s not really a failure of my careers because I can complete the assignments satisfactory.

Can you please comment on your micro-credit experiences, highlighting areas where you have developed processes to make microcredit effective, efficient and successful?

I have some experiences with micro credit on my own effort with my family. In Medan, my hometown many housewives got skills in embroidery, so we provided the machines instead of rental the machines, we gave loan to them to pay weekly after having their wages. So, we distributed more than 50 sewing machines already to the households. Some are very good to settle the loan, and some are failure. In addition, I have big interest in micro finance to find a really good ways to help the needy. I have my research proposal for my study related with the implementation of zero interest microcredit for small enterprises at conflicted areas. How would this possible to develop the small enterprises through the zero interest loan.

Please cite examples of where you have identified external funding and/or networked with public and private donors (if a team effort, please be specific about your role and personal impact).

In my previous personal machinery loan project, I got the funding from some wealthy friends, who has idle fund and willing to lend their money through this rent-purchase machineries. My role is to provide the capital to buy the machines and distributes to the needy. Other ideas, we can send the proposal regarding the portfolios of our lenders to the private sectors or international donors.

Describe a specific time when you faced issues that tested your problem-solving skills. What did you do?

My previous jobs so awesome in solving the problem, as we have clear problem solving channels and solid team work. Almost we don’t have any significant problems and we made quick effective decision. My current work if I can said it’s frustrated, it’s hard to provide advice for problem solving.

Describe your most stressful work-related situation and how you handled it.

The hazard environment and not good management is really made stressful situation for me. It’s hard to handle the upper management as I’m not in that position. So, if my idea not accepted, I entertain myself, and talk with colleague to discuss the situation.

Why are you interested in working in Afghanistan?

Afghanistan is lovely country, if the environment is safe how awesome is that. I like the scenery and the people are friendly.

Describe your ideas on the role of women in international/community development.

Women in Afghanistan are very unfortunate, due to their lack of education and the culture and belief pressures against the women. It make worse situation if they are poor, and this situation will regenerate to their family. Providing good education to the women will create good awareness for the women roles and position in the family so they can educate their children properly eventually have good contribution for the community development.

It is a Christian, faith-based organization. Is that something that attracts you to the organization or does it concern you?

It doesn’t matter for me, the Christian or Moslem faith-based organization, as long as the program is good for human being. Though all religion teach peoples to be good with all the creatures especially human being.

What are some things you do to care for yourself when working in intense situations for extended periods of time?

Good safety working environment and management.

What do you expect as being a fair wage for this position?

? to ?K USD monthly take home salary should be great for me.

When is the earliest you would be able to start work in Afghanistan?

Middle of October 2011.


Goodluck K! and just wait, see and pray for the best! If it's your bless, you'll get it, if not perhaps some others luck! :) All is Well.. no worried be happy!.


No comments:

Post a Comment